Healthy Methi Mixed Vegetable Oats Khichdi
1. Cook moong dal by adding 2 cups water, till it is half done. Keep it a side. Do not throw away the water.
2. Heat a saucepan on medium heat, add oil. When the oil is hot reduce the flame and add shahi jeera, cinnamon, cardamoms and kababchini, fry for 10 secs, then add curry leaves, green chillies and onions and fry till onions starts to change color.
3. Add Ginger and methi leaves and fry till the raw smell of methi leaves disappears.
4. Then add mixed vegetables, saute for two minutes.
5. Add 2 cups water and salt. Increase the flame and allow it to boil.
6. When its boiling, add the oats and cooked moong dal along with water.
7. When it starts boiling reduce the flame and cook for 5- 7 mins.
8. Serve it hot as it is or with raita.
Note: If you like the consistency to be thin add more water.