1. Wash and soak the Kabuli Chana in water overnight or for at least 8 hours.
2. Crush the ginger and garlic cloves using a mortar-pestle.
3. Take a soft cotton cloth and add tea, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves and black pepper.
4. Pressure cook the kabuli chana with salt, water and the prepared potli. Cook the chana until you hear 4 whistles. Lower the flame and again cook for 2 minutes.
5. Once done wait until the pressure it removed. Take out the patly and check the softness of chana. Cook the chana again for 2 whistles if required.
6. Heat mustard oil in a pan and add the crushed ginger and garlic. Fry it until you can smell a nice aroma.
7. Add the onion paste and fry it until it becomes golden in color.
8. Now add the tomato puree and cook it until the oil is separated.
9. Once our masala is done we will add the boiled chana. Cover the lid of the pan and simmer the gravy for 7-8 mins.
10. Now add the garam masala powder, chaat masala and kasuri methi. Give everything a final mix.
11. Heat oil in a tadka pan and add hing.
12. Take out the Amritsari Chole in a serving bowl and add the prepared hing tadka.
13. Garnish the Amritsari Chole with onion slices, lemon slice, green chilli and coriander leaf. Enjoy!!