1. Clean the moringa leaves, seperate the leaves from the stalks. You can also use tender stems. Wash and pat dry.
2. In a pan dry roast the sesame seeds on medium heat till they start popping and keep a side.
3. In the same pan add 1 tsp oil , when its hot add cumin seeds, green chillies, and dry red chillies, fry for a min.
4. Add tamarind pieces and garlic, fry for 30 secs and take out all the ingredient from the pan and keep a side.
5. In the same pan add the remaining oil and add moringa leaves.
6. On medium heat saute the leaves till the raw smell is gone and leaves become little crisp.
7. Cool all the ingredients.
8. Grind the sesame seeds first, then combine all the other ingredients including salt and jaggery and grind to a smooth paste. Add water while grinding as per the required consistency.
9. For the tadka, heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, when oil is hot add the dals, mustard seeds and dry red chillies, let the dals turn light brown.
10. Add the curry leaves and hing and fry for 30 secs. Add the tadka to the chutney.
Note: Tadka is optional, chutney will taste good even without it.