Quinoa Pilaf with Zaatar Roasted Butternut Pumpkin & Persimmon
A beautifully vibrant and flavourful vegan quinoa pilaf to celebrate the arrival of Autumn with the Autumnal flavours of pumpkin, pomegranate, and persimmon.
1. Cut the string cheese into halves, again slit each halve vertically into 2 pieces so that it makes 4 pieces from one cheese stick. Repeat with all the cheese sticks. Freeze these sticks for 30 mins.
2. In a plate mix the flour and corn starch.
3. Beat the eggs in a bowl.
4. Spread out the breadcrumbs in another plate.
5. One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture, then coat them with the bread crumbs. Repeat dipping the cheese sticks in the egg and bread crumb mixture to coat a second time. Coating two times prevents oozing of cheese during frying.
6. Heat oil on medium heat, when oil is ready fry them in batches till they turn golden color. It will just take 1 min.
7. Serve them hot with marinara sauce.
Note : Instead of deep frying,these mozzarilla sticks can also be baked. Spread the coated sticks on a baking sheet, spray them with oil and bake them at 400 F for 4 - 5 mins.